Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Kissed a Girl - WHAT!

So, for Christmas Terri and I decided to buy each other a ticket to go and see Katy Perry at the Beaumont Club down in Westport for a girls night out, which was on March 23rd. Back in November that sounded like a fabulous idea! Finally after waiting over four months to go, the day finally arrived...Terri and I got all cute and headed out to the Salty Iguana for some chips and salsa and a couple of margaritas - which were yummy by the way! So there we are, the two of us, on our girls night out away from the fam and the kiddos, and we are so ummmm, what is the word I am looking for, oh yeah "BLAH!" The weather was sort of yucky, wet, windy, you know the type...and all we could think about was the fact that the Beaumont Club is a standing room only bar with a first come first serve mentality with LOTS of people standing in line outside of the club just to get in and be close to the stage...then we would have to stand the whole time of the concert and never be able to sit and relax and enjoy the show. I know, I know...you are thinking to yourself - UMMMM HELLLLO you are seeing Katy Perry, the show isn't going to be a relaxing one. So needless to say, we just weren't into it. By the time we had devoured our margaritas and our meal, we had decided we were calling it a night - yep, we gave away our tickets to a couple of bar tenders at the restaurant, who were ecstatic by the way, and headed to Blockbuster video to rent a couple movies, get lots of snacks, and headed back to my house for a night on the couch. So, what I am wondering is this...does this mean we are getting old -HA!!!!

1 comment:

Another Stokes said...

well, I'm think I'm getting old with you girls because the later of the evening sounds more exciting to me :)